Thrifty Rent A Car Costa Rica Costa Rica Car Rental
With more than 1000 locations in 70 different countries Thrifty is one of the biggest international car rental companies in Costa Rica. Thrifty Costa Rica has several offices strategically located throughout country and a vast variety of vehicles to choose from.
Thrifty Rental Requirements
2. Valid Driver License: foreign drivers licenses are valid in Costa Rica for 90 days.
3. Minimum age for rental is 25 years old.
4. Major credit card (AMEX, VISA, MASTER CARD) with credit enough to cover the deductible (excess) of the chosen insurance, plus the value of the rental.
5. Drivers between 18 to 24 years old may rent and/or drive up to a mid size vehicle (Dahiatsu Bego) paying an additional daily surcharge
Thrifty Car Rental Discount Rates
High Season is from December 15th to April 15th
Green Season is from April 16th to December 14th
High Season *
|Toyota Yaris (AT)||$44.30||$277.10||$39.30||$247.10||$13.00||$10.00||$8.00|
|Toyota Corolla (AT)||$44.30||$277.10||$40.30||$253.10||$13.00||$10.00||$8.00|
|Daihatsu Bego (AT)||$52.30||$325.10||$49.30||$307.10||$18.00||$10.00||$8.00|
|Toyota Rav 4||$68.30||$421.10||$63.30||$391.10||$18.00||$10.00||$8.00|
|Toyota Rav 4 (AT)||$72.30||$445.10||$68.30||$421.10||$20.00||$10.00||$8.00|
|Toyota Prado (AT)||$96.30||$589.10||$91.30||$559.10||$25.00||$10.00||$8.00|
|Toyota Hi Ace||$88.30||$541.10||$81.30||$499.10||$20.00||$10.00||$8.00|
|Photos at the top of the
page are only an
example of the car model
* Taxes INCLUDED in the rates. Depending on the payment method processing fees may apply.
(AT) = Automatic Transmission
Insurance not included in the daily or weekly rental prices
(AER) = Accident Excess Reduction, price per day
(TTP) = Total Protection Package, price per day
$0.95 License Plate daily fee is additionally charged and mandatory on all vehicles rented.
Thrifty’s Offices in Costa Rica
San Jose: Calle 3, Ave 13, Barrio Amón, San Josea Tel 2523-3232
Alajuela (Aeropuerto Juan Santamaría): From the Juan Santamaria airport 1 Km East, 50 m North, Rio Segundo, Alajuela Tel 2442-8585 / 2523-3232 24 hours
Puntarenas: Double Tree Resort by Hilton, El Roble, Puntarenas Tel 2523-3232 / 2663-0661
Liberia (Aeropuerto Daniel Oduber): From the Daniel Oduber airport, 5 km East, Liberia Tel 2665-0787 / 2523-3232
Tamarindo: Tamarindo Vista Villas, Tamarindo Guanacaste Tel 2523-3232 / 2653-0829
Quepos: From the Catholic church, 25 m North, Quepos, Puntarenas Tel 2523-3232 / 2777-3334
Guápiles: Next to the Total gas station, on route 32, Pococí, Limon Tel 2523-3232
Sardinal: Hotel Riu, Guanacaste, Sardinal Teléfono 2523-3233 / 2697-1735
Thrifty Rent a Car Terms and Conditions
1. Rental period is 24 hours.
2. Late car return will be charged with the daily rate.
3. Cars can not be taken out of Costa Rica.
4. Every additional driver has to pay a fee of $4.99 per day, up to 3 additional drivers can be registered paying a fee of $9.99 above the daily rate.
5. Drivers between 18 to 21 years old may rent and/or drive up to a mid size vehicle (Dahiatsu Bego) and will have to pay a $10 daily surcharge, these driver are not and can’t be covered under the PPT insurance policy.
5. No debit cards or cash are accepted for the deposit.
6. Free airport shuttle is provided from and to the offices in Alajuela and Liberia.
7. The vehicle should be returned with the same level of fuel and conditions as received.
9. If the vehicle is driven by a person not authorized by Thrifty Costa Rica all insurances coverage are void.
10. All drivers will have to carry at all time their driver license, identification and rental contract.
11. Absolutely no insurance contracted will cover any sort of accident or damage caused by a driver under the influences of alcohol or drugs.
Thrifty Costa Rica Cancellation Policies
A cancellation notice is required at least 24 hours upon scheduled arrival in order to avoid one day charge penalty.
Additional Services Offered by Thrifty Costa Rica
All the paid and complimentary services require a previous reservation and an additional security deposit.
Free Shuttle to the International Airports: only provided by the offices in Alajuela and Liberia.
Baby and Booster Seat Rental: US$5.00 per day.
Roof Racks: US$5.00 per day
Cooler: US$3.00 per day
GPS Navigation System: US$10.00 per day
Road Side Assistance Program
All contracts will be automatically enrolled in the Emergency Roadside Assistance Program (ERA) at a surcharge of only $1.99 per day. Key services (lost or locked in car), tire change, jump starts and gas service in case you run out of gas will be provided at no cost. If customer prefers not to participate they must decline participation upon rental and be responsible for any Service fees in the event said customers requires any of the services listed above.